2017 Cancer Assault Challenge
The fight against cancer goes on. Who can say they DO NOT have a friend or relative that has battled this terrible disease. Once again we will be hosting the Cancer Assault Challenge (CAC), helping to raise awareness in a different way. 2015 was another banner year for us raising almost $25,000 with 500+ runners registered. 2016 was another amazing year thanks to all those who participated and volunteered we raised almost $40,000 with nearly 1,000 runners registered. Our goal for 2017 is to raise at least $50,000 and we hope to see over a 1,000 runners join us.
The CAC is a 5K obstacle course run similar to a Tough Mudder® or Warrior Run®. This year’s event will take place on Sunday, May 21, 2017 at Lutherdale located on Hwy 12 north of Elkhorn, WI and will consist of an extreme run for the competitor and the couch potato run for those who want to have some fun while still raising awareness.
The CAC isn’t defined by any one thing. We’re not just about fitness, or motivation, or making anyone “better.” CAC is 100% attitude. Our event is designed to get people OFF the couch, out of the house, having fun together, and raising cancer awareness. In groups. In costumes. In mud. We don’t require training or any particular level of athleticism. Instead, we encourage you to “come as you are”. Hey, it’s all for a good cause: proceeds benefit Assault Challenge Foundation, who works with other non-profit organizations helping our communities.
We strive to involve the community by hosting an event new in the area and also making it affordable so everyone can participate. The success of this event will be made possible by local businesses such as yourself. We appreciate greatly your contributions and look forward to a successful event this year.
If you have any questions, our contact person this year for the CAC is Julie Lopez, President,Assault Challenge Foundation. Julie can be reached by phone at (262) 742-4372 (H) or (727) 534-9004 (C), email: email@example.com or Cancer Assault Challenge, W5225 Lakewood Circle, Elkhorn WI 53121.
The Assault Challenge Foundation
Henry & Julie Lopez, Marcia Reiff, Matthew Olson, Isaac Hart, Elaina VanMaaren, Craig Schoultz, Julie Ruhe and Shannon Gallagher
CAC Fun Facts
- #1 fundraiser for the Walworth County Relay for Life for 2013, 2014 & 2015
- We had over 800 people in attendance
- A wide range of sponsors and sponsorship opportunities are offered
- Our live DJ makes regular public announcements for our sponsors and had some fun activities for our participants and their supporters
- Tents were provided to Sponsors and were able to connect “face to face” with our attendees and join in the fun of the day
- 96.1FM Lake radio did daily announcements for a month before the event
- We were on all the major TV station website calendars, Active.com, & Eventbrite.com
- Our full color “thank you” ad ran in the Walworth County Fair program and was also included in the insert for all Southern Lakes newspapers reaching over 25,000 homes
- Professional interactive website (www.cancerassaultchallenge.org)
- Our expense ratio was 21%
- A silent auction gives those who didn’t run an opportunity to participate as well
- We had over 60 volunteers for our event on hand to help our participants
- Our demographics covered a wide variety of attendees:
- Our age groups for participants ranged from 7 to 65 years of age
- We had many families participate to honor a friend or family member
- School Team participation, including Delavan-Darien, Lake Geneva, Elkhorn and Whitewater High Schools and Elkhorn Area Schools
- Company teams from many local businesses participated, what a great way to do some team building while raising cancer awareness
Please consider joining us as a Sponsor in 2017!
Check out some of the fun we had in our previous runs- view our Photo Gallery!!
If you have questions, contact Julie Lopez. Julie can be reached by phone at (262) 742-4372 (H) or (727) 534-9004 (C), email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at
Cancer Assault Challenge
PO Box 484
Elkhorn, WI 53121